The Manifesto of Yakemewerigha Christopher Opute, Aspirant For NBA General Secretary
Distinguished Silks, Seniors and Learned Colleagues.
My name is Yakemewerigha Christopher Opute from Bayelsa State and a member of the Yenagoa Branch of the NBA. I am contesting for the position of General Secretary of the Nigerian Bar Association.
Immediate past Chairman of the Law Officers Association of Nigeria, Bayelsa State Chapter
A former Secretary of NBA Yenagoa Branch
A former Financial Secretary, NBA Yenagoa Branch
A former Assistant Financial Secretary, NBA Yenagoa Branch
I humbly seek for your support for the position of General Secretary of our
WHAT I WOULD ACHIEVE If elected with your support, I shall ensure
- 1. There is unity and inclusiveness in the BAR so that lawyers in various sectors of practice, i.e. private practitioners, Law Officers in the ministries of Justice, other Government Parastatals, and the Armed Forces, Law Teachers, Lawyers in the Para-Military, Lawyers in Corporate Practice etc., are all carried along and non-left out in the scheme of things.
- 2. There is a synergy between the Executive and the BAR to ensure pragmatic and positive impact on members of the BA
- 3. The instructions of the President, the National Executive Committee and the Annual General Meeting are diligently implemented in line with the statutory provisions of the NBA Constitution, 2015 as amended.
- 4. We have a comprehensive and self-updating Database of members inclusive of a Directory of Law Offices across the nation that can be assessed by the executive and members whenever the need arises.
- 5. All the committees of our Association functions optimally in line with Article 8 (5) () of our constitution.
- 6. The Committees on Lawyers’ welfare and Human Rights would engage the Police and other Security Agencies in interactive sessions to address the menace of harassment and virtualisation of Lawyers and also make a recommendation for the formation of a Bar/Security Agencies Relationship Forum.
- 7. There is an unhindered flow in the symbiotic relationship between the National Secretariat and the Bar Branches as stated in Article
13(10) by improving upon the currently social medium of communication, i.e. WhatsApp, Facebook, Telegram etc.
- 8. Our practice is not unduly hindered by ensuring that our stamp/seals are delivered to members promptly.
- 9. I will always be available at the National Secretariat, accessible to members of the Bar and provide valuable and qualitative leadership in the Secretariat
I already possess a wealth of managerial experience from the Civil Service Sector, working with the BAR. I believe that with your support I can utilize the wealth of knowledge gained from working with the civil service to provide value addition services to the Nigerian Bar.
I thank you for your time accorded this manifesto, please feel free to contact me for any clarification.
God bless the Nigerian Bar Association
- C. 0. Yakemewerigha
Fb: Yakemewerigha Christopher
Call Bridget Edokwe Esq on 08060798767 or send your email to email@example.com
Lagos Chamber of Commerce International Arbitration center to hold Masterclass on Advanced Training on Contract Drafting & Dispute Management.
Win your Court cases today, Get Affordable Supreme Court Law Reports >> CLICK HERE
BESTSELLER: Get A-Z of contemporary laws of ELECTRONIC EVIDENCE in Nigeria By Alaba Omolaye-Ajileye. To ORDER, sms or call : +2347063666998, +2348159307051 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Call 07044444777 or 08181999888. Visit our website: www.alexandernigeria.com/