Lagos Criminal Law Review: Committee Calls for Memoranda
The Criminal Law Review Committee of Lagos State has called for memoranda from stakeholders and general public to enable it discharge its duties.
A statement signed by the Chairman of the committee, Hon. Justice A. Coker reads “The Hon. Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice Lagos State has inaugurated the Criminal Law Review Committee (“The Committee”) with the following Terms of Reference:
- To undertake a comprehensive review of the Criminal Law CAP CH17 Laws of Lagos State 2015 to bring same in conformity with modern crime trends.
- To call for and consider anecdotal evidence, statement, memorials and or written representation howsoever proffered from all and any stakeholder or users of the Criminal Law of Lagos State in aid of the review, either on a comparative or contextual basis
- To consider any other issue which are reasonably incidental to the foregoing and/or consider any additional terms which the Committee in its opinion may deem necessary to strengthen and improve the existing law.
- To provide a written report and means of implementing the final recommendations of and draft bill where necessary and
- To recommend ways and means of implementing the final recommendations of the Committee.
- The Committee is expected to conduct a thorough review of the law, take necessary memoranda from relevant stakeholders and submit its recommendations within six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
“In Furtherance of this, the Committee hereby invites all interested Stakeholders and members of the Public to submit position Papers and Memoranda to the Committee for its consideration on the above stated issues with particular reference to the following, amongst others:
- Review of the success or otherwise of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, having regard to key problems areas in its administration so far;
- A review of the Criminal Law focusing on any or all the following broad subdivisions of the Law.
- Identification and strengthening of key aspects of the Criminal Law of Lagos State
- Identification of aspects of the Law that continue to create delay in court proceedings;
- Its implementation and suggested modifications;
- Suggest new rules that will support the new types of crimes and offences.
“MEMORANDA AND POSITION PAPERS SHOULD NOT BE MORE THAN 10 (TEN) PAGES PRINTED DOUBLE-FACED ON A4 SIZE WHITE PAPER AND SUBMITTED NOT LATER THAN 6th NOVEMBER 2020
ADDRESS FOR SUBMISSSION:
THE CRIMINAL LAW REVIEW COMMITTEE
C\O The Office of the Hon. Attorney –General & Commissioner for Justice,
Ministry of Justice
Lagos State Secretariat,
By E-mail to :firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Bridget Edokwe Esq on 08060798767 or send your email to email@example.com
Win your Court cases today, Get Affordable Supreme Court Law Reports >> CLICK HERE
BESTSELLER: Get A-Z of contemporary laws of ELECTRONIC EVIDENCE in Nigeria By Alaba Omolaye-Ajileye. To ORDER, sms or call : +2347063666998, +2348159307051 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Call 07044444777 or 08181999888. Visit our website: www.alexandernigeria.com/