Confirmed: Joyce Oduah FICMC to contest NBA General Secretary in 2020
As the tenure of the current leadership Nigerian Bar Association, NBA, led by Paul Usoro SAN draws closer to end, BarristerNG can authoritatively confirm that Popular Lagos based lawyer and Bar Amazon, Mrs Joyce Oduah FICMC, will contest the position of the NBA General Secretary replace the current GS, Jonathan Taidi.
Information available to BarristerNG by a close associate of the NBA Leader confirmed that she will contest the GS position whenever the ban on campaign is lifted.
Information sourced through her Law firm website , states that she is the Managing Partner of Joyce Oduah & Co., a law firm situate in Festac Town, Lagos. She is also an Associate Certified Fraud Examiner. She attended the University of Lagos where she obtained her Bachelors Degree in Law in 1990. She was duly called to the Bar on the 10th of December 1991.
She worked with the Ministry of Justice, Ogun State in 1991 to 1992 during her National Youth Service. Immediately after completion of her National Youth Service, she was employed by General Oil Ltd as a Legal Officer in 1992. Due to her hard work, diligence and dexterity, she was promoted in 1994 to the position of Legal Coordinator of the Company and became the first lawyer in the history of the Company to attend the Company’s Board meetings.
Due to her cravings and desire for legal practice, she voluntarily relinquished her position in the corporate world in 1996 to join the law firm of Steve Nwagbo & Co. where she sharpened her edge in litigation practice before she proceeded to set up her law firm, Joyce Oduah & co., after she successfully completed her Masters Degree Programme in 1997. She is an Associate Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
She has served NBA in numerous capacity, some of which are;
- • 1ST Assistant Secretary 2000-2002 (Lagos Branch)
- • Publicity Secretary 2007-2009 (Lagos Branch)
- • Social Secretary 2009-2011 (Lagos Branch)
- • Chairperson, Commmittee to Inaugurate the Standing Committees of Lagos Branch & the Ceremony to Honour Chief G.N. Uwechie SAN on his appointment as the Chairman, Body of Benches 2010.
- • Chairperson, Committee to Honour Newly Appointed Life Benchers, Benchers & Newly Elected President of the Commonwealth Lawyers Association 2011.
- • Alternate Chairperson, Welfare Committee 2009-2011.
- • Chairperson, Sub-Committee on Media & Communication, Law week 2009.
- • Chairperson, Committee on Research & Planning, Law week 2012.
- • Member, Law Week Committee (Lagos Branch 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012).
- • Member, Bar Dinner Committee (NBA Lagos) 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 & 2011
- • Member, the Federation of International Women Lawyer (FIDA)
- • Member, Publicity Committee of the Federation of International Women Lawyers (FIDA) Lagos 2011-2012
- • Member, Technical Committee on Conference planning, 2014-2015
- • Member, NBA House Fund Raising Committee
- • Member, NBA Finance Committee 2012-2014
- • National Treasure, NBA 2012-2014
- • Member, National Executive Committee, NBA 2008-to date.
In 2014, She indicated interest to serve the NBA as the GS but was persuaded by Bar leaders to step down for the eventual winner, Mazi Afam Osigwe.
Call Bridget Edokwe Esq on 08060798767 or send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Win your Court cases today, Get Affordable Supreme Court Law Reports >> CLICK HERE
BESTSELLER: Get A-Z of contemporary laws of ELECTRONIC EVIDENCE in Nigeria By Alaba Omolaye-Ajileye. To ORDER, sms or call : +2347063666998, +2348159307051 or email email@example.com
Call 07044444777 or 08181999888. Visit our website: www.alexandernigeria.com/