Branch Election must go On – NBA Ikeja Caretaker Committee insists
The Nigerian Bar Association Ikeja Caretaker Committee has said tomorrow’s election will proceed as scheduled.
In a notice made available to BarristerNG, the committee noted that they have provided a replacement for the member that resigned.
Read the notice below
NIGERIAN BAR ASSOCIATION, IKEJA BRANCH CARETAKER COMMITTEE
The Caretaker Committee wishes to inform members as follows:
1. The Electoral Committee received this afternoon a letter from the law firm of D’Alpha & Knight informing it that a court process has been filed by Mrs. Mandy Asagba, Mr. Dan Okoye and Mr. Akeem Aponmade all of whom are Chairmanship aspirants. A copy the process was exhibited therewith.
2. The crux of their complaint was that the Committee was no longer properly constituted as a result of the resignation of Mr. Monday Ubani, who was also a defendant in the matter despite his resignation.
3. The Committee wishes to state that the National Body was duly carried along in all of the Committee’s activities.
4. In the course of searching for a replacement for Mr. Ubani, three past Chairmen in persons of Mr. Niyi Idowu, Mr. Adekunle Ojo and Mr. Dave Ajetomobi were contacted, two of them declined while Mr. Dave Ajetomobi accepted the responsibility after he was spoken to by the president of the Bar.
5. That Mr. Dave Ajetomobi was issued with a letter of appointment by the National Body as a member of the Committee on 24th September, 2020.
6. That the Claimants letter indicated that they filed their suit on 25th September, 2020 after the Committee has been “duly constituted”.
7. The Committee wishes to inform NBA Ikeja distinguished members that arrangements have been concluded for tomorrow’s election 29th September 2020.
8. Members are advised to come and exercise their voting rights.
9. Members are advised to come with any valid means of identification i.e. Branch Identity Card, Driver’s License, National Identify Card, Voter’s Card or International Passport.
10. Members are advised to adhere strictly to Covid 19 protocols.
NBA IKEJA BRANCH
Call Bridget Edokwe Esq on 08060798767 or send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Win your Court cases today, Get Affordable Supreme Court Law Reports >> CLICK HERE
BESTSELLER: Get A-Z of contemporary laws of ELECTRONIC EVIDENCE in Nigeria By Alaba Omolaye-Ajileye. To ORDER, sms or call : +2347063666998, +2348159307051 or email email@example.com
Call 07044444777 or 08181999888. Visit our website: www.alexandernigeria.com/