4th Lawyers in Oil & Gas Conference: 10 Days to End of Early bird registration [REGISTER NOW @50% DISCOUNT]
The Lawyer’s in Oil and Gas Conference 2021 is billed to hold on 23rd of March 2021. The Conference intends to interrogate the ongoing legal and policy reforms in the Nigerian Oil and Gas sector, particularly touching on the Petroleum Industry Bill which has passed second reading at the floor of the National Assembly and the Local Content Bill which is currently undergoing public hearing. It will also examine the most recent developments in the Nigerian power sector.
The event brings together various stakeholders in the Nigerian Energy Sector to discuss key issues that affect financing, commerce and regulation of the Sector, with an aim to learning best practices, improving on the laws and policies and better understanding them. The aim is to critically examine these laws and how they would change or affect Nigeria’s energy future.
THEME: NIGERIA’S ENERGY FUTURE: LAW, POLICY AND REGULATION
DATE: 23RD OF MARCH, 2021.
VENUE: EKO HOTEL AND SUITES, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS.
08:00am – 09:00am ARRIVAL AND REGISTRATION.
09:00am – 10:00am OPENING CEREMONY
Opening Remark- “The Role of the PIB in Boosting Nigeria’s Economic Development”.
10:00am – 11:30am SESSION 1: UPSTREAM ISSUES FROM THE PIB
- NNPC to NNPC Limited: What to Expect from the Transition.
- Pathways to Progress: Wins from the PIB for Nigeria’s Upstream Gas Sector.
- Codification of IJVs under the PIB: Lessons from NLNG
- Ministerial Consent under the PIB: The Prospects and Challenges of Deemed Consent.
- The PIB’s Hydrocarbons Tax: When Does Taxation Become Enough.
11:30am -12:00pm NETWORKING TEA/COFEE BREAK
12:00pm – 01:30pm SESSION 2: MIDSTREAM AND DOWNSTREAM ISSUES FROM THE PIB
- Considerations for Offshore Financing of Large Gas Projects: Lenders and the Law.
- LPG Expansion: Does the PIB Come to Aid?
- Is the PIB the Messiah for Midstream Gas Development in Nigeria?
- Gas Price under the PIB: Price Control or Free Markets?
- Governing the Midstream and Downstream under the PIB: What’s New for the Regulator?
01:30pm -03:00pm SESSION 3: LOCAL CONTENT
- Expanding the Scope of Nigerian Local Content Laws: To be or not to be?
- The Local Content Amendment Bill: Interrogating the Role of Multiple Statutory Funds in Promoting Nigeria’s Local Content.
- Assessing the Past Decade of Nigeria Local Content: Wins, Losses and Way Forward.
- How Much Local is in Local Content: Examining the Law and Reality of Nigerian Local Content.
- Local Content Amendment Bill 2020: Should Local Content Regulation be Localized or Harmonized?
03:00pm – 04:00pm LUNCH BREAK
04:00pm – 05:30pm SESSION 4: LAWS AND POLICIES IN THE POWER SECTOR
- The Death of MYTO 2020 and a Reflective Tariff Framework: Who Benefits?
- The Viability of CBN’s Mass Metering Programme for the MAPs.
- Siemens Deal and the Quest to Power Nigeria: Prospects and Challenges.
- Power Sector Gas Supply Challenges: What Does the PIB Fix?
- PIB: Where is the Place of Renewable Energy?
07:00pm – 08:00pm RED CARPET
08:00pm – 10:00pm DINNER AND AWARDS CEREMONY.
|DATE||CATEGORY||REGISTRATION FEE #||DISCOUNT %|
|01/11/2020 – 30/11/2020||Earlybird registration||50,000||50%|
|01/12/2020 – 23/03/2021||Normal registration||100,000||0%|
Click www.lawyersinoilandgas.com/register/ to enjoy the 50% discount offer
Call Bridget Edokwe Esq on 08060798767 or send your email to email@example.com
CLICK HERE TO BUY NIGERIAN CURRENT BEST-SELLER ON LAW AND PRACTICE OF COURT MARTIAL IN NIGERIA
Win your Court cases today, Get Affordable Supreme Court Law Reports >> CLICK HERE
BESTSELLER: Get A-Z of contemporary laws of ELECTRONIC EVIDENCE in Nigeria By Alaba Omolaye-Ajileye. To ORDER, sms or call : +2347063666998, +2348159307051 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Call 07044444777 or 08181999888. Visit our website: www.alexandernigeria.com/