Nigerian Law School Bar Part 1 2017 Application commences
GENERAL INFORMATION CONCERNING APPLICATION FOR BAR PART I ADMISSION
Print, read and strictly follow these instructions in completing the application form
- Read through this instruction page carefully, then click on Admissions and select Bar Part I.
- Follow the steps, complete and submit the online application form.
- Print a copy of your submitted online form and execute the jurat (form to be returned to the Council of Legal Education).
- Download and print blank copies of Forms B, B1 & B2.
- Submit Form B (Faculty Ref. Form) to the Dean of your Law Faculty, who is to complete Form B, and return to the Law School.
- Downloaded copies of Employer’s Reference, Forms B1 and Letter of Release, Form B2 are to be completed by the applicant’s employer if he/she has been in regular employment for a period of not less than one year immediately preceding the time of application, and in any other case by his/her employer to whom he/she has given at least one year of continued service, and forwarded as indicated in the form.
- Each Application should be accompanied by the following documents:
LAW DEGREE CERTIFICATE
A photocopy of Qualifying Degree Certificate; this means a Degree in Law or a Mixed Degree in Law of a University in a Common Law Country whose course of study is approved by the Council of Legal Education. In this regard, it should be noted that a Law Degree obtained through study fully or partly as an External candidate of a University or Law School is not acceptable for admission purposes. Also not acceptable are degrees obtained through distance learning. Where the Degree is obtained from a University in the United States of America, the Law School must be accredited to the Association of American Law Schools or the American Bar Association. In all cases, the Law subjects taken must include the Law of Contract, the Law of Tort, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, Land Law, Equity and Trusts, the Law of Evidence, and Commercial Law. Each of these subjects must have been studied and passed as a separate subject. Where a Qualifying Degree Certificate has not yet been issued, satisfactory evidence of passing the appropriate examination must be attached. Where the final examination for the Qualifying Degree Certificate is to be taken in the year of the application, the Nigerian Law School will only entertain the application subject to the candidate satisfying the Qualifying Degree requirement not later than a month preceding the commencement of the course.
NOTE: Those who studied in Non-Common Law countries are not eligible for this course.
ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPT The Registrar/Academic Dean of your University should be asked by you to forward direct to the School, the transcript of your Qualifying Degree showing the subjects taken and the grade obtained in each subject. The transcript should be signed by the Registrar. It is emphasized for the avoidance of doubt, that no student will be offered admission to undertake the Bar Part I course without a transcript, authenticated by the Registrar/Academic Dean of his/her University or Institution.
NOTE: If applicant has studied in more than one University for the Law Degree Programme, Transcripts from both Universities must be received.
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATIONS FOR ADMISSION AND REFERNCES:
All application forms together with references on applicants must be completed and returned to reach the Office of the Secretary to the Council of Legal Education/Director of Administration, NIGERIAN LAW SCHOOL, HEADQUARTERS, BWARI, P.M.B 170, GARKI, ABUJA, NIGERIA not later than April 28 and May 12 2017 for forms, and references respectively. It is the duty of applicants to ensure their referees comply with this date. Applications and references received later than the deadline stipulated will not be entertained.
AN APPLICANT’S FORM WILL ONLY BE PROCESSED FOR ADMISSION IF AND ONLY IF THE UNDERLISTED ARE RECEIVED:
- Copy of the Law Degree Certificate.
- Official Academic Transcript signed by the Institution’s authorized signatory.
- Duly completed and stamped Faculty Reference Form B which must be completed by the Dean or Head of Faculty of Law of the Institution and forwarded directly to the Nigerian Law School.
- Duly completed and stamped Employer’s Reference, Form B1 and Letter of Release, Form B2 (where applicable). These must be forwarded directly to the Nigerian Law School.
- Two recent Passport size photographs of the applicant.
CHECKING ADMISSION STATUS
Applicants are advised to check their admission status on the portal from June 12, 2017. No applicant should report on Campus without being offered admission.
Accommodation is very limited and shall be provided on first come first served basis for Students for the duration of the course and each room is shared. Allocation of the available spaces in the School’s hostel will be made at the beginning of the programme. Under no circumstance will any one be allowed into the hostel before allocation. Students are to arrange for their own curtains, linen and laundry. Students who do not get accommodation should make private arrangements.
COMMENCEMENT OF SESSION
The session will commence on June 26, 2017. The training course at the Law School is fulltime. No student is allowed to undertake any gainful or other form of employment or business during the course. A breach of this rule will lead to expulsion from the School and may result in a permanent disqualification for admission. Students in gainful employment or business are advised to obtain leave of absence/study leave from their employers before the commencement of the course.
HOW TO APPLY
STEP 1: Click on NLS Portal
STEP 2: Click on Bar I Portal
STEP 3: Click on Application
STEP 4: Click on Bar I 2017 Application
Note: Bar Part I Online Application will end by Friday 28th April, 2017
Click>>> HERE >>>to advertise with us
SPONSORED LINK: >>>>>REVEALED: 3 natural ways to get stronger erections, last 25 minutes on bed, and increase manhood size without using drugs. Also, Natural Prostrate Enlargement Remedy.. Get In HERE... SPONSORED LINK: >>>>>>Revealed! How I finally got rid of STDs and UTI infections naturally, completely and became free… it’s 100% natural and has no side effects!
Win your Court cases today, Get Affordable Supreme Court Law Reports >> CLICK HERE
Get all the decisions of the Court of Appeal with a CLICK...... Visit Court of Appeal Reports Nigeria.
BESTSELLER: Get A-Z of contemporary laws of ELECTRONIC EVIDENCE in Nigeria By Alaba Omolaye-Ajileye. To ORDER, sms or call : +2347063666998, +2348159307051 or email email@example.com
Supreme Court Judgments on Lands (1907-2013) and Nigerian Company Law Cases (1945-2016) are going for 120k per set.The Reports contain valuable and uncommon locus classicus for Legal research, opinion, and advocacy. Grab your copy now!!! Call 09091130714 or 07084004038