FULL LIST: Lagos, Ebonyi… supplementary elections will hold in these 18 states
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says Saturday’s supplementary elections will take place in 18 states.
A document released by INEC on Thursday showed supplementary governorship polls will hold in five states including Bauchi (14 LGAs), Benue (22 LGAs, Plateau (9 LGAs) Kano (29 LGAs) and Sokoto (22 LGAs)
It said although an Adamawa state high court directed the suspension of supplementary election in the state, the exercise will hold for two constituencies for the house of assembly election.
“In Adamawa state, elections will hold in Nassarawo-Binyeri State Constituency of Mayo Belwa LGA, which was countermanded as required by the Electoral Act following the death of a candidate on the eve of the Governorship and State assembly elections held on 9th March 2019,” the document read.
“Supplementary election will also hold in Uba/Gaya State Constituency in Hong LGA. In Bauchi State, supplementary elections will hold in Kirfi State Constituency of Kirfi LGA.”
The commission said supplementary election for state constituencies will hold in 18 states.
TheCable observed the total number of voters to participate in the supplementary election for state constituencies stand at 585,138.
Below is the list of states, affected LGAs and number of registered voters there:
- Bauchi (one LGA, 1,111 voters)
- Bayelsa (three LGAs, 58,270 voters)
- Benue (nine LGAs, 91,141 voters)
- Ebonyi (three LGAs, 45,905 voters)
- Edo (one LGA, 6,764 voters)
- Ekiti (one LGA, 2,244 voters)
- Kaduna (one LGA, 7,514 voters)
- Adamawa (two LGAs, 49,588 voters)
- Kano (one LGA, 40,821 voters)
- Kogi (three LGAs, 24,637 voters)
- Imo (five LGAs, 118,372 voters)
- Lagos (one LGA, 12,711 voters)
- Nasarawa (four LGAs, 43,874 voters)
- Osun (one LGA, 2,485 voters)
- Plateau (one LGA, 5,501 voters)
- Sokoto (two LGAs, 24,492 voters)
- Taraba (two LGAs, 19,912)
- FCT (four LGAs, 29,796 voters)
Click>>> HERE >>>to advertise with us
Win your Court cases today, Get Affordable Supreme Court Law Reports >> CLICK HERE
Get all the decisions of the Court of Appeal with a CLICK...... Visit Court of Appeal Reports Nigeria.
BESTSELLER: Get A-Z of contemporary laws of ELECTRONIC EVIDENCE in Nigeria By Alaba Omolaye-Ajileye. To ORDER, sms or call : +2347063666998, +2348159307051 or email email@example.com
Supreme Court Judgments on Lands (1907-2013) and Nigerian Company Law Cases (1945-2016) are going for 120k per set.The Reports contain valuable and uncommon locus classicus for Legal research, opinion, and advocacy. Grab your copy now!!! Call 09091130714 or 07084004038